BS Computer Science
The objective of the program is to prepare students for successful careers and for advanced graduate study in computer science, by giving them the following qualities:
Depth: Deep understanding of fundamentals theoretical and practical Computer Science, and the ability to adapt to an ever-changing technological landscape.
Breadth: Knowledge of a broad range of Computer Science skills, tools, and mathematical techniques, and the capability of applying them to analyze and design complex systems.
Reasoning: Capability of solving a wide variety of problems by applying principles of computational thinking.
Teamwork: Habits of working effectively and professionally on diverse projects teams.
Clarity: Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
Integrity: Understanding how to approach social effects of computing ethically and responsibly, and being committed to doing so.
Learning: Interest in life-long learning, to adapt and shape an evolving world.
By the time of graduation BSCS graduates will have achieved:
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of mathematics and statistics appropriate to understand various computer science fields.
- An ability to undertake independent learning and continuing professional development
- An understanding of professional ethics.
|PH-1004||Basic Electronics||2||1||3||ENG-1092||Communication & Presentation Skills||3||0||3|
|ENG-1091||Functional English||3||0||3||HU-1092||Pakistan Studies||2||0||2|
|CS-1071||Introduction to Computing||2||1||3||CSC-1071||Programming Fundamentals||3||1||4|
|CSC-1072||Discrete Structures||3||0||3||CSC-1074||Digital Logic Design||2||1||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||13||2||15||Total Cr. Hrs.||15||2||17|
|CSC-2078||Database Systems||3||1||4||STAT-2003||Probability and Statistics||3||0||3|
|MGT-1081||Principles of Management||3||0||3||MA-2002||Multivariable Calculus||3||0||3|
|CSC-2071||Object Oriented Programming||3||1||4||ENG-3091||Technical Writing||3||0||3|
|CSC-2075||Computer Organization & Assembly Language||2||1||3||CSC-2077||Data Structures||2||1||3|
|CSC-2076||Theory of Automata and Formal Languages||3||0||3||CSC-2073||Software Engineering Fundamentals||3||0||3|
|CSC-2074||Data Communication and Networks||2||1||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||14||3||17||Total Cr. Hrs.||16||2||18|
|CSC-3071||Design and Analysis of Algorithms||3||0||3||MA-3001||Differential Equations||3||0||3|
|CSC3072||Operating Systems||2||1||3||SS-1093||Introduction to Psychology||3||0||3|
|CSC-4074||Human Computer Interaction||3||0||3||TE-1113||Introduction to Textiles||3||0||3|
|CSC-3073||Introduction to Artificial Intelligence||3||0||3||CSE-XXXX||CS Elective I||3||0||3|
|CSC-3075||Computer Architecture||3||0||3||CSE-XXXX||CS Elective II||3||0||3|
|CSE-XXXX||CS Elective III||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||14||1||15||Total Cr. Hrs.||18||0||18|
|MA-4001||Numerical Computing||2||1||3||CSC-4075||Information Security||3||0||3|
|CSC-4071||Final Year Project-I||0||3||3||CSC-4071||Final Year Project-II||0||3||3|
|CSC-4072||Compiler Construction||3||0||3||CSE-XXXX||CS Elective VI||3||0||3|
|SS-4071||Professional Development||2||0||2||CSE-XXXX||CS Elective VII||3||0||3|
|CSE-XXXX||CS Elective IV||3||0||3||MGT-4085||Entrepreneurship||3||0||3|
|CSE-XXXX||CS Elective V||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||13||4||17||Total Cr. Hrs.||12||3||15|
|Industrial Internship (4 weeks, 6days/week, 8 hours/day during summer holidays
after 2nd Year)
|Total Credits for BS Computer Science||133|
- Intermediate or equivalent with minimum 50% marks. (Must have Mathematics as elective subject with at least 60% marks).
- Admission to BSCS Programs is decided on the basic of candidates score in the NTS or ETC (HEC) Test (30% weightage), Marks of Intermediate (60% weightage) and Marks of Matriculation (10% weightage).
|Certificate Verification Fee||2000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Red Crescent Donation||50||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Card Fee||300||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Student Activity Fund||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000|
*There is no Transport Fee for Hostel Residents but they will pay Hostel Charges
|Room Rent||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Electricity Charges||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Sui Gas Charges||Rs. 2,500/-|
|Mess Service Charges||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Hostel Activity||Rs. 500/-|
|Hostel Security (Refundable)||Rs. 5,000/-|
|1st Semester Total Hostel Dues||Rs. 19000/-|
|Per Semester Hostel Dues||Rs. 14000/-|
Self Finance with Installments (BS Computer Science)
|Self Finance Fee Installments||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750|
|Total Taxable Fee||118,600||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||96,250|
|Income Tax Advance||5,930||4,565||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Security (Refundable)||5,000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Total Fee Payable Per Semester||129,530||95,815||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||96,250
- The candidates seeking admission against self-finance seats will have to apply on separate application form. The application packet (Prospectus and Application Form) can be collected in person for Rs. 1,000/- from the Admission Office of the University for each Program. The minimum eligibility criterion for the admission on Self-Finance Basis is the same as prescribed for Open Merit.
- The completed application form with required supporting documents as mentioned in the application form along with a bank draft of following (Self-Finance Dues + Regular 1st Semester dues + I.T Advance) should reach the Admission Office of the University on or before the notified closing date.