BS Textile & Apparel Merchandizing
The BS Apparel Merchandizing program is designed with a comprehensive approach to prepare the students for carriers in the apparel business world. This program will convert them in to professionals capable of using theories as well as practical applications of the management philosophies and technologies used by apparel merchandisers in today’s fast paced global apparel industry. The program starts with introductory level courses and further proceeds toward more specific concepts like sourcing, fashion forecasting, brand management & promotions, visual merchandizing and store planning. Graduates will be able to pursue a diversity of careers in apparel manufacturing and retails industry such as retail buying, visual merchandizing, store planning, apparel marketing, brand management and many more.
BS Apparel Merchandising program aims at achieving the following learning outcomes:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, Social sciences, manufacturing fundamentals and business and economic studies to the solution of merchandising related problems.
- Ability to design and develop solutions for products, components or processes that meet specified needs of target market.
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with all stakeholders; sales & marketing and manufacturing etc. and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management principles and economic decision-making and apply these as an individual and team leader, to manage multidisciplinary environments in apparel global business.
- Ability to create, select and apply appropriate and modern IT tools, including prediction modeling, forecasting, and MIS/ERP to problems of clothing business.
- Ability to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of merchandising / businesses practices.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Ability to understand and evaluate societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues in global and local businesses and community at large.
- Ability to understand and evaluate the sustainability outcome of the business decisions on environment.
|HU-1091||Islamic Studies/Ethics||3||0||3||MA-1003||Business Mathematics-I||3||0||3|
|MGT-1081||Principles of Management||3||0||3||STAT-1001||Business Statistics||3||0||3|
|CS-1071||Introduction to Computing||2||1||3||HU-1092||Pakistan Studies||3||0||3|
|ENG-1093||English-I||3||0||3||MKT-1081||Principles of Marketing||3||0||3|
|ACCT-1081||Fundamentals of Accounting||3||0||3||FA-1091||Basic Drawing-I||0||2||2|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||17||1||18||Total Cr. Hrs.||15||2||17|
|MA-1004||Business Mathematics-II||3||0||3||ECON-2082||Macro Economics||3||0||3|
|STAT-2002||Statistical Inferences||3||0||3||BUS-2084||Business Communication||3||0||3|
|BUS-2083||Oral Communication||3||0||3||AM-2041||Introduction to Textiles & Clothing||3||0||3|
|MKT-2082||Marketing Management||3||0||3||BUS-2085||Business Research Methods||3||0||3|
|ACCT-2082||Financial Accounting||3||0||3||FIN-2081||Business Finance||3||0||3|
|SS-1093||Introduction to Psychology||3||0||3||SS-2092||Introduction to Sociology||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||18||0||18||Total Cr. Hrs.||18||0||18|
|AM-3041||Raw Materials for Clothing||2||1||3||AM-3044||Visiual Merchandising & Store Planning||3||0||3|
|AM-3042||Fabric Structures and Manufacturing||3||0||3||AM-3045||Anthropometry and Garment Assembly||1||2||3|
|CS-3074||Management Information Systems||3||0||3||AM-3046||Apparel Quality Management||3||0||3|
|MGT-3082||Organizational Behavior||3||0||3||FIN-3082||Financial Management||3||0||3|
|HU-3096||Foreign Language||3||0||3||AM-3047||Apparel Product Devlp. & Manufacturing||3||0||3|
|AM-3043||Textile & Apparel Testing||2||1||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||16||2||18||Total Cr. Hrs.||13||2||15|
|AM-4041||Apparel Costing and Pricing||3||0||3||MGT-4086||Strategic Management||3||0||3|
|TE-4111||Environmental & Social Compliances in Textiles||3||0||3||BUS-4087||Business Ethics||3||0||3|
|HRM-3081||Introduction to Human Resource Management||3||0||3||AM-4042||Apparel Auditing||3||0||3|
|AM-4043||Senior Design Project-I||0||3||3||AM-4043||Senior Design Project-II||0||3||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||12||3||15||Total Cr. Hrs.||12||3||15|
|6-Week summer internship after sixth semester||1||1|
|Total Credits for Bachelor Textile & Apparel Merchandizing||135|
Candidates holding Intermediate certificate (F.A., F.Sc., I.Com, I.C.S. etc.) or Equivalent, with at least 45% marks are eligible to apply.
|Certificate Verification Fee||2000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Red Crescent Donation||50||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Card Fee||300||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Student Activity Fund||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000|
*There is no Transport Fee for Hostel Residents but they will pay Hostel Charges
|Room Rent||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Electricity Charges||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Sui Gas Charges||Rs. 2,500/-|
|Mess Service Charges||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Hostel Activity||Rs. 500/-|
|Hostel Security (Refundable)||Rs. 5,000/-|
|1st Semester Total Hostel Dues||Rs. 19000/-|
|Per Semester Hostel Dues||Rs. 14000/-|