Arslan Ahmed Amin
Engr. Arslan Ahmed Amin M.Eng., M.B.A., B.Eng. is a Professional Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer with more than 07 years of extensive industrial experience. He specializes in Control Systems Engineering with particular focus on automation and instrumentation. He has worked in various domains such as Power Network, Power Distribution, Power Systems Control, Engineering Drawings, Codes & Standards, P&ID Reading, Interpretation & Developing, PLC, SCADA, DCS, Process Control, SIS, SIL, ESD, and Alarm Management Systems. He is well-versed in different electrical and instrumentation fields like Load Management Concepts, PLC Programming, Installation, Operation and Troubleshooting, AC Drives Theory, Application and Troubleshooting, Industrial Power Systems Analysis, AC & DC Motors, Electric Motor Protection, DCS SCADA, Control and Maintenance Techniques, Industrial Intelligent Control System, Power Quality Standards, Power Generators and Voltage Regulators, Circuit Breaker and Switchgear Application and Testing Techniques, Transformer and Switchgear Application, Grounding for Industrial and Commercial Assets, Power Quality and Harmonics, Protective Relays (O/C Protection, Line Differential, Bus Bar Protection and Breaker Failure Relay) and Project Management Basics (PMB). He obtained Bachelors and Master’s degrees in Electrical Engineering from the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore and M.B.A. with specialization in ‘Management’. He is currently teaching as Lecturer-Electrical Engineering at National Textile University, Faisalabad and is pursuing PhD in Control Systems from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore.
Fault Tolerant Control Systems
Control Systems Reliability
Safety Control Systems
Engineer (Electrical / Instrument)Pakistan Petroleum Limited (7 Years)
- Prepared, updated and reviewed PTW based job plans, work instructions and procedures in SAP for maintenance of instrumentation and electrical control systems in accordance to QHSE requirements.
- Provided field supervision over the execution of critical maintenance activities of the equipment and ensure that the problems are resolved with minimum down time.
- Performed extensive trouble-shootings on complex instrument/ electrical problems. Identified and specified potential system enhancements and modification to increase plant reliability.
- Managed spares requirements based on their consumption pattern along with their correct specification in SAP to ensure that all critical spares are available for plant maintenance.
- Provided input for Preparation of next fiscal year budget, REVEX & CAPEX budget, monitoring and control of spares inventory to meet approved budget targets.
- Developed and Maintained Software Library and Comprehensive Backup for Disaster Recovery.
- Developed and reviewed E&I job SOPs, WIs and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) to ensure adherence to QHSE standards and procedures.
- Power Generation: Cummins QSV 91K, 2MVA × 3 Gas Generators Engine and Alternator, Instrumentation and Control troubleshooting, LV Switchgears (Siemens Sivacon 8PT) maintenance and troubleshooting, Motor Starters, DOL, Wye-Delta commissioning, testing and troubleshooting Protection Relays, Thermography of MCC panels and EDBs.
- Gas Turbines: Siemens SGT-400, 13.8MW × 3.
- Compressor Control System: Series 3 Plus controllers made by CCC (Compressors Controls Corporation).
- Distributed Control System (FoxBoro Invensys) & Emergency Shutdown System (Triconix): Hardware Troubleshooting, Software Configuration, Control Loops Parameters Adjustment (PID Tunning of level, temperature and pressure loops).
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs): Siemens Step 7-200 PLC troubleshooting, Allen Bradley Logix 5562, Mitsubishi & Modicon TSX PLCs troubleshooting, Well-versed with Protocols: Control Net, Device Net, Modbus, Profibus, Control Logix, Serial and Parallel Communications, Foundation Field bus, HART.
- Field Instrumentation: Pressure, Flow, Level and Temperature Instruments, Control Valves.
- Fire and Gas System: CH4, H2S, H2 and Flame Detectors.
- UPS: 40 kVA x 2 Gutor.
- SCADA system: Motorola, SCADA pack, Modicon, Control Wave
N Arslan Ahmed Amin, Nazia Rafiq, Shrafat Ali Sair, "A Study on Motivation Level of Employees and Its Relationship with the Leadership Styles Prevailing in A Public-Sector Oil and Gas Organization", Science International Lahore, ISSN 1013-5316, Vol. 28, No. 4, (2016), pp.4
Arslan Ahmed Amin, Khalid Mahmood-Ul-Hasan, "Advanced Anti-Surge Control Algorithm for Turbine Driven Centrifugal Compressors", Science International Lahore ISSN 1013-5316, Vol. 27, No. 3, (2015), pp.3