BS Information Technology
The educational objectives of our BSIT programme are:
- To prepare IT graduates to analyze and identify requirements for rapidly changing computing problems and information system environments.
- To educate IT graduates to design, develop and implement solutions for diverse computing problems and information system environments.
- To prodcue IT graduates who possess good communication skills and are able to effectively work in teams.
- To impart the knowledge of the ethical, social and professional responsibilities.
- To produce IT graduates who engage in life-long learning in order to adapt to innovation and change, and are successful in their professional work or graduate stduies.
By the time of graduation, students will able to attain:
- Ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the programme's student outcomes and to the discipline.
- Ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer based system, process, component, or programme to meet desired needs.
- Ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society.
- Recognition of the need for and ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- Ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- Ability to assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
|PH-1004||Applied Physics||3||1||4||ENG-1092||Communication & Presentation Skills||3||0||3|
|ENG-1091||Functional English||3||0||3||HU-1092||Pakistan Studies||2||0||2|
|CS-1071||Introduction to Computing||2||1||3||CSC-1071||Programming Fundamentals||3||1||4|
|CSC-1072||Discrete Structures||3||0||3||CSC-2073||Software Engineering Fundamentals||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||14||2||16||Total Cr. Hrs.||16||1||17|
|CSC-2078||Database Systems||3||1||4||STAT-2003||Probability and Statistics||3||0||3|
|ITC-XXXX||Operations Research||3||0||3||ENG-3091||Technical Writing||3||0||3|
|MGT-1081||Principles of Management||3||0||3||CSC-2074||Data Communication and Networks||3||1||4|
|CSC-2071||Object Oriented Programming||3||1||4||CSC-2077||Data Structures and Algorithms||3||1||4|
|ITE-XXXX||Enterprise Systems||3||0||3||ITC-2073||Information Technology Project Management||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||15||2||17||Total Cr. Hrs.||15||2||17|
|ITC-3071||Information Technology Infrastructure||3||0||3||SS-1093||Introduction to Psychology||3||0||3|
|ITC-3072||System and Network Administration||3||1||4||TE-1113||Introduction to Textile||3||0||3|
|CSC-3071||Virtual Systems and Services||3||1||4||ITE-XXXX||IT Elective I||3||0||3|
|CSC-3072||Operating Systems||3||1||4||ITE-XXXX||IT Elective II||3||0||3|
|ITC-3075||Web Technologies||3||0||3||ITC-4072||Cyber Security||3||0||3|
|ITC-3073||DB Administration & Management||2||1||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||15||3||18||Total Cr. Hrs.||17||1||18|
|ITC-4071||Final Project-I||3||0||3||ITC-4071||Final Project-I||3||0||3|
|CSC-4074||Information Security||3||0||3||ITC-4073||Modeling and Simulation||3||0||3|
|ITE-XXXX||IT Elective III||3||0||3||ITE-XXXX||IT Elective V||3||0||3|
|ITE-XXXX||IT Elective IV||3||0||3|
|Total Cr. Hrs.||15||0||15||Total Cr. Hrs.||12||0||12|
|Industrial Internship (4 weeks, 6days/week, 8 hours/day during summer holidays
after 2nd Year)
|Total Credits for BS Information Technology||131|
|Certificate Verification Fee||2000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Red Crescent Donation||50||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Card Fee||300||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Student Activity Fund||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000|
*There is no Transport Fee for Hostel Residents but they will pay Hostel Charges
|Room Rent||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Electricity Charges||Rs. 4,500/-|
|Sui Gas Charges||Rs. 2,500/-|
|Mess Service Charges||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Hostel Activity||Rs. 500/-|
|Hostel Security (Refundable)||Rs. 5,000/-|
|1st Semester Total Hostel Dues||Rs. 19000/-|
|Per Semester Hostel Dues||Rs. 14000/-|
Self Finance with Installments (BS Information Technology)
|Self Finance Fee Installments||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750||43,750|
|Total Taxable Fee||118,600||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||96,250|
|Income Tax Advance||5,930||4,565||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|University Security (Refundable)||5,000||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Total Fee Payable Per Semester||129,530||95,815||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||91,250||96,250
- The candidates seeking admission against self-finance seats will have to apply on separate application form. The application packet (Prospectus and Application Form) can be collected in person for Rs. 1,000/- from the Admission Office of the University for each Program. The minimum eligibility criterion for the admission on Self-Finance Basis is the same as prescribed for Open Merit.
- The completed application form with required supporting documents as mentioned in the application form along with a bank draft of following (Self-Finance Dues + Regular 1st Semester dues + I.T Advance) should reach the Admission Office of the University on or before the notified closing date.